Monday, December 1, 2008

I am the soon-to-be Mrs. Sorbo!

Well, I thought I should start a blog to celebrate and keep everyone updated on Rob and I's journey to tying the knot! :)

Some wedding stats:
Today marks 173 days until we are married. It's just a little under 6 months away! Saturday marks exactly one month since we've been engaged, and boy has it been a busy month!

We already have the following done:

1. We have scheduled an engagement photo session with Katie Baskins for this Saturday the 6th.(she's an awesome photographer! You can check out some of her photography at http://www.katiebaskins.blogspot.com/). I am excited!

2. We already have a mock-up for our save-the-date cards (which my wonderful mother has designed) which we will be sending out as soon as we can put an engagement photo in it.

3. We have scheduled appointments with a photographer (December 11th) and a baker (This Saturday the 6th). The photographer is Phillip Thomas of http://www.novo-studio.com/ I love his style and he is in our price range! The baker is Rick's Bakery in Fayetteville of http://www.ricksbakery.com/ . We have an appointment to test cake flavors and talk about pricing (which I believe is pretty reasonable). Yay! :)

4. I have scheduled an appointment on Saturday, December 13th with David's Bridal in Fayetteville to try on dresses! I am so excited!

5. I have gathered several pictures of ideas for the wedding and know that my colors will be teal and silver!

6. My sweet family and my new family have been so supportive in this whole process and have volunteered to do several things!

7. We have made a wedding website at the knot: http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/LindsayFroman&RobSorbo
That website tells you all the specifics and our stories :)

Overall, I feel like we have achieved a lot in a short time. There's nothing more wonderful than being engaged to someone that God has given to you. It's a joy, and I can't wait to be Mrs. Sorbo!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sweeeet!!! I'm so glad I can view your website now! I'm totally looking forward to the engagement pics! Saturday at noon--I'll be there!